Smart people. Good work.
Come write with us!
Who we are
At Pointed, we write irresistibly relevant content that makes complex topics fun to read.
Our clients are disruptive brands who want and deserve to grow. To help them do that, we provide high-quality copywriting and content strategy services that combine the best of classic copywriting formulas, customer-led messaging, and good ol’ fashioned creativity.
What we do
Call us corny, but we believe in a world where every kind of buyer has the information they need to make the best possible choice about the products and services they use. A world where the bottlenecks (read: bullsh*t) plaguing traditional business and marketing models are replaced by consumer-driven solutions that help more people live their best lives.
- Research like a desktop detective, pinpointing the most relevant trends and giving proper accreditation to credible sources
- Write content that cuts through the noise to clearly and directly support the one main message of each piece
- Self-edit like a sober Hemingway to ensure voice, grammar and style are always on point
- Make recommendations to the Content Editor for content topics, workflow optimization and anything else you notice that can help us step up our game
- Be an advocate for the reader—always address their real-life fears and wants
- Write content readers and clients LOVE
- Submit ace-quality content that’s a breeze to edit
- Never miss a deadline
Nothing against office workers, but at Pointed, we flatly reject the punch-clock promise. Here’s what you get when you work with us.
Set your own schedule.
Work wherever and whenever you want. As long as you switch on and give us your best, we don’t care whether you wake up at noon or like to write pantsless.
We’ll teach you everything we’ve learned about building a successful freelance business from years of working for multi-million-dollar startups and Fortune 10 brands.
No bull, no bureaucracy.
“Because I said so” is never a reason. We’ll help you become the best writer you can be through direct, open feedback most people are too scared or lazy to deliver.
Make a difference.
Our clients are game-changers who actually care about how their services and products impact the world. We will never ask you to write for a brand that has questionable ethics (sorry, digital casinos and credit card companies).
If you’re not growing and learning, we see that as a major fail on our part. At Pointed, we offer collaborative working sessions and coaching to every member of our team.
We'll start on a short-term contract to make sure it's a fit on both sides.
If all goes gravy, by the time you hit the 3-month mark you will:
1. Become a master of short-form thought leadership, messaging and educational content
2. Learn key content-slaying secrets like how to creatively use brand differentiators and voice of customer data to make your content sing
3. Consistently write stellar content that requires few, if any, revisions
After three months, if we're sure we want to Al-Green stay together, we'll move you over to a retainer contract.
You learn how to:
1. Know the ins-and-outs of writing SEO content that consistently hits Google's page
2. Master the art of the customer interview, story and case study
3. Be 100% confident you can write killer content for any B2B brand
9-month to 1-year milestone
Once you've mastered all things messaging, SEO and customer-led content with few to no revisions, you're ready to take the reigns.
At this point, we'll talk about upgrading your contract to that of a Content Lead or Editor, making 3X what you do as a Content Writer, for the same amount of work.
You'll learn how to:
1. Lead the kind of engaging client calls that land to 4- and 5- figure contracts
2. Interview amazing people who are literally changing the world
3. Create a strategic content calendar using tools like Trello and Buzzsumo
We’re committed to hiring people who add value to our team through different experiences and perspectives. Bottom line: equality matters.
And inclusion matters, too.
It’s crucial that every member of the team feels comfortable enough to show up and be themselves. As one of the first conscious copywriting agencies, we stand in solidarity with people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community and all minority groups. And we believe any brand that doesn’t is missing the mark.
If you’re a member of an underrepresented community and you know you’d be perfect for this role, please reach out at: firstname.lastname@example.org
But don’t take our word for it…
If I had only three words to describe what it was like working for Brittany and the Pointed team, they would be: dynamic, nurturing and inspiring. Rather than run-of-the-mill topics, each assignment was interesting, in some way, challenged traditional ways of thinking and stretched you as a writer to really do your best.
As a writer, I never feel creatively stifled on a Pointed project. I am given the authority to explore and take the project in a direction I see fit for the client’s needs. I also love the communication channels with open access to my editor so I get quality feedback before, during, and after a project. This definitely helps me craft compelling articles that nurture the relationship between the client and their intended audience.
What sets Pointed apart from your other freelancing clients is the amazing care they treat their freelancers with. The projects were fun and the deadlines reasonable. I’ve never learned so much as I did working with Pointed and it will remain one of the best work experiences ever!
How to Apply?
We don’t give a sh*t about resumes, but we’d love to see your work.
Here are a few examples of the type of content we’re looking for:
- Why is it still taboo to talk about vaginal health
- 5 HR predictions in 2018
- How to boost enrollment with Millennial parents
Please send 3 samples to: email@example.com
If we like what we see, we’ll ask you to write up a paid test project and take it from there!
Ready for a freelance career you love?
© 2018 Pointed Copywriting
Terms & Conditions · Privacy · Site Map