Smart people. Good work.
Come write with us!
At Pointed, we write irresistibly relevant content that makes complex topics fun to read.
Our clients are disruptive brands who want to grow their audience, expand their influence and hit massive revenue targets—without putting additional strain on their team. To help them do that, we provide a super smart blog strategy that combines the best of customer-led messaging, collaborative content and white hat SEO to increase both the quantity and quality of organic traffic and leads.
Call us corny, but we believe in a world where every kind of buyer has the information they need to make the best possible choice about the products and services they use. A world where the bottlenecks (read: bullshit) plaguing traditional business and marketing models are replaced by consumer-driven solutions that help more people live their best lives.
Ready to kill the fluff and build a real connection between brands and customers?
Read on to see if Pointed is the place for you!
- You looove writing and you’re great at it—but juggling all the client stuff, it’s just not for you. What you really want is steady work on your terms with a team of people who are actually fun to hang out with.
- You’re a relatively new writer but you’re hell-bent on living the freelance dream. You’re ready to up your game, strengthen your writing muscle and learn all there is to know about becoming a pro-level content/copywriter worthy of stellar clients.
- You’re sick and tired of working for soulless brands and questionable clients. You just want to do work that matters.
The Content Writer is at the core of our mission at Pointed.
You’re the person who makes it possible for us to consistently knock our clients’ (and their clients’!) socks off by crafting super-relevant content readers love.
In this role, you’ll research, write and edit web content (mostly B2B) according to the highest content writing standards, including writing for SEO, conscious copywriting and writing that sounds both intelligent and human all at the same time. You’ll master the A to Z of writing content that excels online, and has a very real impact in the offline world, too.
- Research like a desktop detective, pinpointing the most relevant trends and giving proper accreditation to credible sources
- Write content that cuts through the noise to clearly and directly support the one main message of each piece
- Self-edit like a sober Hemingway to ensure voice, grammar and style are always on point
- Make recommendations to the Content Editor for content topics, workflow optimization and anything else you notice that can help us step up our game
- Be an advocate for the reader—always address their real-life fears and wants
- Write content readers and clients LOVE
- Submit ace-quality content that’s a breeze to edit
- Never miss a deadline
As you become more awesome at what you do, there will be plenty of opportunities to tackle new responsibilities.
Who knows? You could even become our next Content Editor or schmancy pants COO.
Nothing against office workers, but at Pointed, we flatly reject the punch-clock promise. Here’s what you get when you work with us:
Set your own schedule.
Work wherever and whenever you want. As long as you switch on and give us your best, we don’t care whether you wake up at noon or like to write pantsless.
We’ll teach you everything we’ve learned about building a successful freelance business from years of working for multi-million-dollar startups and Fortune 10 brands.
No bull, no bureaucracy.
“Because I said so” is never a reason. We’ll help you become the best writer you can be through direct, open feedback most people are too scared or lazy to deliver.
Make a difference.
Our clients are game-changers who actually care about how their services and products impact the world. We will never ask you to write for a brand that has questionable ethics (sorry, digital casinos and credit card companies). You’ll be confident knowing the work you do makes a tangible difference in people’s lives.
If you’re not growing and learning, we see that as a major fail on our part.
That’s why we’ve set up clear performance metrics and added collaborative working and coaching sessions into each of the packages we offer.
We'll start on a short-term contract to make sure it's a fit on both sides.
If all goes gravy, by the time you hit the 3-month mark you will:
1. Become a master of short-form thought leadership, messaging and educational content
2. Learn key content-slaying secrets like how to creatively use brand differentiators and voice of customer data to make your content sing
3. Consistently write stellar content that requires few, if any, revisions
After three months, if we're sure we want to Al-Green stay together, we'll move you over to a retainer contract.
You learn how to:
1. Know the ins-and-outs of writing SEO content that consistently hits Google's page
2. Master the art of the customer interview, story and case study
3. Be 100% confident you can write killer content for any B2B brand
9-month to 1-year milestone
Once you've mastered all things messaging, SEO and customer-led content with few to no revisions, you're ready to take the reigns.
At this point, we'll talk about upgrading your contract to that of a Content Lead or Editor, making 3X what you do as a Content Writer, for the same amount of work.
You'll learn how to:
1. Lead the kind of engaging client calls that land to 4- and 5- figure contracts
2. Interview amazing people who are literally changing the world
3. Create a strategic content calendar using tools like Trello and Buzzsumo
4. Manage a rockstar team of content writer
We’re committed to hiring people who add value to our team through different experiences and perspectives. Bottom line: equality matters.
And inclusion matters, too.
It’s crucial that every member of the team feels comfortable enough to show up and be themselves. As one of the first conscious copywriting agencies, we stand in solidarity with people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community and all minority groups. And we believe any brand that doesn’t is missing the mark.
If you’re a member of an underrepresented community and you know you’d be perfect for this role, please reach out!
How to Apply?
We don’t give a sh*t about resumes, but we’d love to see your work.
Here are a few examples of the type of content we’re looking for:
- Why is it still taboo to talk about vaginal health
- 5 HR predictions in 2018
- How to boost enrollment with Millennial parents
Please send 3 samples to: email@example.com
If we like what we see, we’ll ask you to write up a paid test project and take it from there!
Ready for a freelance career you love?
© 2018 Pointed Copywriting
Terms & Conditions · Privacy · Site Map